Search A n R

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Whole Wheat bread


I love Cinnamon and even boil a small piece in water and drink it with honey..(It is said to be good for orthopedic issues). Thanks to my love for cinnamon, every time I am in a baked goods aisle (in a super market), I am tempted to bring home a Cinnamon Swirl loaf. A few months back, I tried my hand at baking this bread too. All I did was to follow a simple whole wheat bread recipe, and include a step before the second rise and the baking.

We hand toss or roll out the dough after the first rise. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar powder onto the rolled out dough. Then fold it /roll it up to get that swirl...its that simple....Leave it for the second rise (covered with a damp cloth) and then bake for 25 minutes at 350F.

  .
Trivia:
  • I generally bake a small loaf to allow even baking and easy slicing.
  • Know your oven and adjust your baking time and temperature settings to suit your oven. For example, smaller the oven , quicker it is heat it, and so is the cooking time. Mine is a 27" whirlpool oven and teh temperature and time settings are to suit similar ovens.
  • Sprinkle a little water on the dough before putting it into the oven..this ensures a perfect crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails