Dum Aloo recipe
18-20 small-sized potatoes
Oil to deep fry
½ tspn red chili powder
2 cups of yogurt
1 tspn coriander powder
1 tspn of dry ginger powder
1 tblspn of fennel powder
Salt to taste
tspn of roasted cumin powder
tspn of garam masala powder
- Boil the potatoes ( pressure cook -1 whistle )
- Peel and prick the boiled potatoes all over with the help of a fork. Heat oil in a kadai and fry the potatoes on medium flame till golden brown.
- Whisk the yogurt with red chill powder ,salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder , dry ginger powder and fennel powder.
- Heat 2-3 tbspn oil in a pan.
- Add clove , half a cup of water and bring to a boil
- Stir in the yogurt mixture and bring it to a boil
- Add fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb all the gravy and oil floats on top
- Garnished with freshly roasted cumin powder(optional).
Serve with roti, parata or a bowl of steamed rice/jeera rice